Erika C. Lauer
Ms. Lauer is a native of Central Pennsylvania, graduating from Bishop McDevitt High School in 1999. Upon graduation, she attended West Chester University of Pennsylvania earning a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. Ms. Lauer then began work in the legal field for a prominent criminal defense attorney in the Harrisburg area. Thereafter, Ms. Lauer made the decision to continue her education at Widener University School of Law where she obtained her Juris Doctorate in 2011. While in law school, Ms. Lauer was a Certified Legal Intern at the Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office writing appeals and litigating minor judge trials.
In 2012, Ms. Lauer began work as an Assistant Public Defender with the Dauphin County Public Defender’s Office. While there, she was able to litigate numerous cases before judges and juries, spending the majority of her time representing indigent juveniles charged with crimes.
Upon leaving work at the county level in 2015, Ms. Lauer went on to expand her practice area to family matters, including divorce, custody, grandparents’ rights, support, and PFA matters. Ms. Lauer also represents parents in juvenile dependency matters with Children & Youth Services.
Ms. Lauer understands that any family law matter involves a range of emotions that can change frequently throughout the process. She strives to reach mutually beneficial outcomes, but is prepared to fight diligently for clients in court when necessary.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Juvenile Dependency
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
J.D. – 2011
- West Chester University of PA, West Chester, Pennsylvania
B.S. – 2003
Major: Criminal justice
- Legalizing Marijuana – Myths & Implications Moving Forward, Dauphin County Bar Association, 2014
- Juvenile Law Class of The Honorable John F. Cherry, Dickinson College, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association – Family Law Section, Member