Kristen L. Weisenberger
Ms. Weisenberger is a 1996 graduate of York College of Pennsylvania. She majored in Criminal Justice with a dual minor in Government and Sociology.
In 1999, Ms. Weisenberger earned her Juris Doctorate from Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. While attending Widener, Ms. Weisenberger was employed at the York County Public Defender’s Office and the Lebanon County District Attorney’s Office.
From 1999 until 2000, Ms. Weisenberger clerked for the Honorable Penny L. Blackwell, head of the family law division of the York County Court of Common Pleas.
From 2000 through 2003, Ms. Weisenberger served as a Dauphin County Assistant Public Defender. The first year was spent exclusively representing juvenile clients. The following two years Ms. Weisenberger was an active member of the appellate division while maintaining a full caseload; representing clients charged with felony drug offenses, aggravated assault, rape and murder. She has been lead trial counsel in over 100 jury trials in addition to hundreds of suppression hearings.
From 2003 until 2012, Ms. Weisenberger served as a Dauphin County Deputy District Attorney. Ms. Weisenberger spent the first several years working as a member of the child abuse unit prosecuting child physical and sexual assault cases as well as homicides. During the last four years, Ms. Weisenberger was promoted to Senior Deputy District Attorney and was in charge of the drug unit, which included overseeing the Dauphin County Drug Task Force. Ms. Weisenberger has prosecuted numerous cases including felony drug offenses, aggravated assault, robbery, rape and murder; and was lead trial counsel in over one hundred jury trials.
From 2010 through 2012, Ms. Weisenberger served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Weisenberger handles all types of adult and juvenile cases and has defended numerous clients charged with serious felonies including rape, aggravated assault, felony drug offenses, armed robbery, child abuse, and capital homicide. Ms. Weisenberger is one of a select number of attorneys who is certified to handle a death penalty case. Ms. Weisenberger has also represented clients charged with lesser misdemeanor offenses, in PFA/contempt hearings, parole violation hearings, and in post-sentencing motions such as early release from parole, prison or work release confinement. She has researched, written and argued numerous appeals before the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
Ms. Weisenberger is an adjunct professor at the Harrisburg Area Community College teaching Legal Writing and Research II at the Harrisburg campus and Criminal Evidence at the Lebanon campus. Ms. Weisenberger has lectured for the Police Academy, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and several police departments in Dauphin County. Ms. Weisenberger presently serves as Vice President on the board for Dauphin County Pretrial Services.
Since 2006, Ms. Weisenberger has organized a toy collection on behalf of the District Attorney’s Office and Perry Shore Weisenberger & Zemlock for the United States Marines Toys for Tots toy drive.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Criminal
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
J.D. – 1999
- York College of Pennsylvania, York, Pennsylvania
B.S. – 1996
Major: Criminal Justice
- Prosecuting and Defending Cases in the Mandatory Minimum Era, with Brian Perry, Esq. , Pennsylvania Bar Institute , 2010
- Police Academy, MPOTEC, 2006 – 2012
- Top Gun – Drug Enforcement Administration Training – 2011
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Adjunct Professor (Harrisburg/Lebanon)- present
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers -2014, 2015
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel – 2015, 2016
- Top One Percent, National League of Renowned Attorneys – 2016
- 10 Best – Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 2015, 2016
- 10 Best – Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dauphin County Pretrial Services, Past Member Board of Directors – Vice President
- Dauphin County Bar Association – Member
Past Employment Positions
- Dauphin County District Attorney Office, Senior Deputy, 2003 – 2012
- Dauphin County Public Defender’s Office, Assistant, 2000 – 2003
- Penny L. Blackwell, Family Law Division ,York County Court of Common Pleas, Clerk, 1999 – 2000
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, Special Assistant United States Attorney, 2010 – 2012